Stephen has been under the care of ‘community pediatrics’ and speech therapists since before he started Pre-school but is so far undiagnosed(suspected autism)
in September 2012 he started at a mainstream Primary school and the issues began….
- No makaton training was provided to staff so they could communicate with him
- there has been and still is no/ very little communication between the school and us
- stephens is starting to act out(he has hit one LSA, and today thrown his chewie bangle at her)
- He hates swimming but there is little support for him
these are the worse bits there is a lot more but to much to type….
I have a formal complaint in with the board of governors, and have been getting advice from Autism Anglia, regarding how to proceed. And we have been looking at other schools, for 2 reasons
- to see what SEN services they offer
- with a view to pull stephen out
I am going to use this to tell people about our issues and how we deal with them so anyone in a similar place can see how we are working through it and hopefully help them.